Sunday, September 20, 2009

TeachPsych Links

As I was looking around the STP pages this week, I found the TeachPsych links. I'd actually found this before but it didn't make it into my long-term memory so I had to start looking again. Anyway, this is just one more example of all the great resources available to us within the STP pages.

The STP TeachPsych links can be found at http://teachpsych.org/resources/links/index.php. Once there, you'll see four different categories: General Resources, Organizations, Teaching/Pedagogical Resources, and Student Advisement. Each category has several great links and brief descriptions of the links to help you find the information you want. Some of the links you probably already have (or should have), such as a link to APA's Education Directorate. Others may pique your interest and become your new favorite go-to link for teaching of psychology.

Oh, and speaking of web links, I finally discovered Delicious (http://delicious.com). Ok, I'd heard about the site – mostly from Sue Frantz – but hadn't explored it first-hand. It was just hanging around on my to-do list. Well, my office computer died the first day of the semester (no lie!) and so I've been working on other computers for 4 weeks. These past few weeks reminded me how often I use my internet bookmarks, and how devastating it would be to lose them. Seriously, do you have all of your Favorites memorized? I didn't think so. The Delicious website allows you to store all of your sites on their site for safekeeping. It also includes a social networking component if you want to use that but, for right now, I'm just thrilled to have my favorite web links intact and backed up on Delicious. I'll be adding sites from the TeachPsych links page to my Delicious account, or maybe I'll just add the TeachPsych link itself. J

No comments:

Post a Comment